A fiancée visa or fiancé visa requires more time and documentation. It is also known as K1-visa in the United States of America. One of the major requirements is that the couple must have met each other and must be free to marry. The processing time for fiancée visa varies from country to country (e.g. 2-3 months for Australia, 3-4 months for United States, and 3 months for the United Kingdom approximately). However, with the professional help of Ultimate Visa, this processing time can be shortened. Please contact our friendly staff for a free personal assessment. We try our best to help you whatever country you have in mind: USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, Russia, China, etc.
Generally, a visa is a document that grants you permission by another country to enter their territory for a specific period of time. There are many kinds of visa, but I’m going to talk to you specifically about fiance visa. So what really is fiance visa, what are its benefits, and how do you acquire it? What is it?
What is fiance visa?
This type of visa is issued to you being the fiance of a citizen of the country you are applying for. In this article, let us use the United States as an example. In US, the fiance visa is also called the K-1 visa. This will give you single entry to the US for up to ninety days only. This implies that you should marry within the 90-day period, or else you will be forced to leave the US. Single entry also means that you cannot get in and out of the US within the 90-day period. Once you and your fiance are married, you can already apply for the Adjustment of Status petition wherein you will be considered a legal and permanent resident of the US once approved. As long as the application for Adjustment of Status has been filed and is pending, you can already extend your 90-day stay in the US.
What are the benefits of fiance visa?
- The fiance visa is faster and easier to process compared to spousal visa.
- Although the fiance visa in itself does not allow you to permanently stay in the US, it is actually a stepping stone towards becoming a permanent resident of the US. This, of course, happens only when you marry within the 90-day period and apply for Adjustment of Status.
How do you apply for a fiance visa?
To apply for a fiance visa, there are fees you need to pay and forms you need to file, which you can fill out from your computer and print afterwards. These forms can be checked and downloaded at www.uscis.gov. You also need to have documented proof that you have been seeing your fiance for at least two years now and that your relationship is still ongoing. To learn more about how you can apply for a fiance visa, do not hesitate to contact Ultimate Visa for a free consultation.
Other important things you need to know
- If you have a child who is not married and is under 21 years of age, it would be possible to bring him or her to the US by applying for the K-2 visa.
- If you have already applied for and are already awaiting for the approval of your Adjustment of Status, you should not leave the US; otherwise, it would imply that you are abandoning your petition for legally and permanently staying in the US. If you need to leave the country, you need to apply and wait for the approval of Advance Parole.
Documents to Prepare
Here are also some documents you may need to prepare:
The foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and any eligible child applying for K-2 visa) should prepare to bring the following documents during the interview:
- Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- A passport valid for travel to the United States; validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S.
- Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor.
- Police certificates from your present country of residence.
- Medical examination.
- Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested).
- Two (2) 2×2 photographs.
- Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e).
- Payment of fees
Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information. Original documents and translations will be returned.
Why hire Ultimate Visa Corporation?
- Ultimate Visa Corporation is a multi-awarded visa and immigration services provider.
- Ultimate Visa Corporation is backed by a legal counsel (immigration lawyer) to address and assist any legal concern regarding our clients’ application. This is a service you won’t normally avail when you apply for a visa at any government institution or embassy (as a walk-in applicant).
- The rates of Ultimate Visa Corporation are competitive where our staff will do all the complex paperwork and leg work. This means that our clients can spend most of their time on other things that matter to them instead of the tedious application process.
- We also prepare and brief the applicants for the interview at the embassies. Guiding the applicants in each stage of the visa application makes it less complex and stressful for clients.
- Ultimate Visa Corporation is a private corporation, licensed under the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission is not affiliated with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration. The Philippine laws do not require Ultimate Visa Corporation to register and be affiliated with the Bureau of Immigration to perform its business. In fact, Ultimate Visa Corporation is registered with the Bureau of Internal Revenue for tax purposes and has secured business and mayor’s permits from the government of Cebu City and Makati City for its head and branch offices.
- Though most of the forms are available for free or at a lower cost (where applicable) from the government or embassy of the country you would apply for, Ultimate Visa Corporation offers free assessment for all applicant and they are not obliged to take any of our services. Here is the official website of the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.
Hope you did sign up for our free consultation above. The time you spent to fill out the form might just get you or your love one the K-1 Visa, Fiancee or Fiance Visa.