engaged fiance visa

Fiancée visa or fiancé visa is one of the visas that will allow a foregin citizen to travel to another country. When applying for a fiancé visa, there are certain conditions the applicant must meet in order to be eligible. While it takes time to process a fiancé(e) visa, professional help from Ultimate Visa can help shorten the processing time. Please contact our friendly staff for a free personal assessment. We will try our best to help you with whatever country you have in mind.

A visa is a document that allows a person to enter a country being applied for, for a specific time period. There are many kinds of visa, but I’m going to talk to you specifically about fiancé visa.

In this post, I will be sharing with you information on the following questions:

  1. What is a fiancé visa;
  2. What are the benefits of a fiancé visa;
  3. How can you bring your fiancé to the US using the K-1 visa;
  4. How do you apply for a US fiancé visa;
  5. How long does it take to process a fiancé visa;
  6. How do you prepare for a fiancé visa interview;
  7. When does a fiance visa gets denied; and
  8. Other important things you need to know about fiancé visa application.

What is fiancé(e) visa?

A fiancé visa is a document issued to the fiancé of a citizen of the country being applied for. This will give the applicant permission to enter that country on the condition of marrying his or her partner. The fiancé visa also comes in different names for different countries. In the US, it is called the K-1 visa. In Australia, it is called a partner visa, while in the UK, it falls under the spouse visa.

In this article, we will use the United States as an example. The fiancé visa in the US is called the K-1 visa or the Engagement visa. The K-1 visa is a type of non immigrant visa that will grant your fiancé single entry to the US. Your fiancé can use this within 6 months from the date of issue. Once he/she enters the US, your fiance can remain in the country for only 90 days. This implies that you should marry within the 90-day period. If you do not, your fiance will be forced to leave the country. Single entry also means that he/she cannot go in and out of the US within the 90-day period.

As soon as you and your fiancé gets married, you can already apply for the Adjustment of Status petition. This will grant your spouse legal and permanent residency in the US once approved. As long as the petition has been filed, he/she can already extend the 90-day stay in the US.

What are the benefits of fiancé(e) visa?

The following are some of the pros of applying for a fiancé visa:

  1. The fiancé visa is faster and easier to process than spousal or marriage visa.
  2. It is a stepping stone to becoming a green card holder. This means that your spouse can permanently stay and work in the US. This, of course, only happens when you marry within the 90-day period and apply for the Adjustment of Status.
  3. You can use the 90-day period to “try out” being together with your fiancé in the US. If things do not work out as planned, your fiance may just go home.

How to bring your fiancé(e) to the US using the K-1 Visa?

As mentioned, the fiancé visa can be a stepping stone for your foreign partner to become a green card holder. Here is how it works. Ultimate Visa Corporation can assist you in making things more convenient for you.

  1. File a Petition for Fiancé at the USCIS ( US Citizenship and immigrations Services). You will use the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé. This form recognizes your relationship with your fiancé.
  2. Once approved, the form will be sent to the Department of State (DOS) National Visa Center (NVC).
  3. The DOS NVC will then send the approved Form I-129F to the US Embassy or consulate where the K-1 visa will be applied.
  4. You will now apply for the K-1 visa. You will be notified when your visa interview is scheduled. During the interview, you shall bring the forms and documents required.
  5. If the consular officer determines that your fiancé is eligible, the K-1 visa shall be granted. This allows your fiance to travel to the United States within 6 months, single entry.
  6. As soon as your fiancé sets foot in the US, you will have 90 days to marry each other.
  7. After such marriage, your spouse can now apply for a Green Card. The form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) shall be used.
  8. After a favorable assessment and interview, your spouse may then be issued a Green Card.

How do you apply for a US fiancé(e) visa?

To apply for a fiancé visa, there are fees you need to pay and forms you need to file. We at Ultimate Visa Corporation will gladly assist you in preparing and processing the required documents.

Conditions you need to meet:

Before applying for a fiancé visa, make sure you meet the following conditions:

  1. Your relationship with your fiancé is still ongoing.
  2. You have been seeing your fiancé for at least two years now.
  3. The fiancé visa petitioner must be a US citizen.
  4. Both of you must be free to marry.
  5. You must intend to marry each other within 90 days from applicant’s admission to the US.
  6. The visa petitioner must have met the minimum financial requirements.

To learn more about fiancé visa application, do not hesitate to contact Ultimate Visa for a free consultation.

How long does it take to process a fiancé(e) visa?

The processing time for fiancé visa varies from country to country. In the United States, it takes 3-4 months to process the K-1 Visa. In Australia, it takes 2-3 months and about 3 months in the United Kingdom.

How do you prepare for your fiancé(e) visa interview?

You will undergo an interview as part of your fiancé visa application process. The aim of the interview is to confirm that your relationship with your fiancé is valid and not a scam. It is to make sure that the reason for the application is to really marry in the US and not other reasons. The interview is also to show that you are truly dedicated to one another. Finally, it is to prove that both of you intend to marry within the 90-day period and that you have plans for the future together.

Common questions you need to prepare for during your interview

Here are some of the common questions that are usually brought up by the consular officer during the visa interview:

Helpful tips for the interview

While the whole K-1 visa processing is not easy, the interview part is probably the most stressful. The following tips can help you with your visa interview:

  1. Arrive at least 30 minutes before your schedule. Being early for the interview will give yourself time to get comfortable.
  2. Answer truthfully and confidently. No matter what question the consular officer asks you, be sure to answer honestly and confidently. If you appear hesitant, the consular officer might think you are not being honest.
  3. Keep your answers concise and straightforward. Answering the questions briefly and clearly will make it easier for the interviewer to make an assessment.
  4. Dress appropriately. What you wear during the visa interview will make an impression. Dress properly and neatly to show that you are taking the interview seriously.
  5. The questions mentioned above are only examples. Be ready for other questions that the consular officer may bring up.

When does a fiancé(e) visa get denied?

We at Ultimate Visa will do our very best to assist you in getting the visa that you need. There are some cases however when visa issuance is refused. The following conditions usually cause visa denial:

  1. Information submitted is lacking. This will give the consular officer a hard time to determine whether an applicant is eligible to receive a visa or not.
  2. The applicant is not eligible or admissible. These include criminal offenses, past immigration problems, health-related grounds, and more that make an applicant ineligible of the visa.

With Ultimate Visa Corporation, we can assist you in making sure that all the necessary documents are prepared.

Other important things you need to know

When processing a fiancé visa, there are other important things you need to know. These include the following:

Documents to Prepare

There are several documents you need to prepare for the fiancé visa application. Get in touch with us to avail of our FREE consultation.

Just like other visas, the fiancé visa entails a lot of documentation, time, and money. Increase your chances of having your visa approved by inquiring from us for FREE.

Why hire Ultimate Visa Corporation?

Hope you did sign up for our free consultation above. We might just get you or your loved one the fiancé(e) visa that you need.