To be truly happy in life, we must have healthy intimate relationships! We are often made to believe that true happiness in life comes with money. Sadly, this is never true. Money is just a multiplier. Either you become more happy or more sad with it. Real intimate relationships can make your life worth living.
Do you agree?
It is not enough to simply know the faces or names of our neighbors or colleagues. Intimate relationships are the bond that keep us together and the glue that keep our world from falling apart.
Ready to test your relationships?
Ask yourself the following questions. Answer them honestly:
- Does this relationship encourage me to think beyond the immediate?
- Am I a better person than I was before the relationship began?
- Do I recognize the “us” when I think of my partner or do I focus on what “I” want or “she” wants?
- Am I willing to give what I want to get from this relationship?
- Do I feel safe letting myself be vulnerable with this person?
- Do I feel more alive when I am with this person?
How do you find your answers? Do you have more Yeses than Nopes? If yes, consider yourself, the lucky one.
Read the full article: 6 Essential Traits of Healthy Intimate Relationships