If you want to stay in the US to study, you may do so using the F-1 student visa. Aside from its main benefit that allows you to stay in the US until you have finished your coursework, getting an F-1 visa has other wonderful benefits.
- It allows you to work within your school campus or any other place under the management of the university you are enrolled at.
- It gives you a chance to work outside the campus via Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT). Both training jobs give you considerable knowledge and experience in the field you are studying and you get paid for the job.
- As long as you’re a student in the US, you are allowed to travel anywhere within the country.
- You can enter and leave the US during the entire time being a student. During your vacation, you can visit your country or visit other countries near US, like Canada and Mexico.
- You can bring your dependents, who are below 21 years old, as well as your spouse for as long as you can support them.
You have to understand, though, that F-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa. It does not lead you to being a Green Card holder or permanent resident card holder. In other words, you are not allowed to stay permanently in the US using the F-1 visa.
If you want to learn how you can apply for F-1 visa, please do not hesitate to contact us using the form below.