Canada immigration takes a lot of attention and money. Once you apply you apply for immigration, make sure you are prepared and qualified. This will give you better chances of having an approved Canada Immigration application.
The information below will give you an idea on how you can start your immigration to Canada.
Express entry system
The express entry system is a point-based system for skilled workers that will give eligible and high-scoring candidates a chance to get invited for a permanent resident visa application. Here is how it works:
Express entry profile
The first thing you need to do under this immigration system is to create your express entry profile. You will be providing basic personal information, as well as information on your education background, skills, work experience, language ability, and more. The information you provide in your profile will serve as basis for your points.
Once you are found eligible based on the information you provided, your will then be included in their pool of candidates.
Pool of candidates
Being in the pool of candidates, you may create a Job Match account with the job Bank. This will help you find an employer before you move to Canada. Finding a job match will get you additional points in your profile.
Invitation to apply for permanent residency
Being in the pool of candidates does not assure you of an invitation to apply for permanent residence. You need to be one of the highest scorers in order to be invited. Once you receive an application, you will have 90 days to submit your application for permanent residence online. Your application shall be processed in six months or less.
If you do not receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence within 12 months, you may submit a new profile. You will again be included in the pool of candidates as long as you are eligible. Do not forget to keep on updating your profile as needed.
If you are not a skilled worker but you want to live permanently in Canada, you may also check your eligibility with the different Canada immigration programs. You just need to complete the form as accurately as you can in order to increase your chances of being accepted in any of their programs. The typical information that will be required of you will include your personal information, information about your family, language ability, education, work experience, income, net worth, and details of any job offer, if applicable.
If you are eligible based on the information you provided, you will be given further instructions on what to do after.
You may also immigrate to Canada if you are an entrepreneur with skills and potentials to create businesses in Canada. These ventures should be innovative, can create jobs for Canadians, and can compete on a global scale.
This Canada immigration program is for those who will turn out to be self-employed in Canada. These people are usually those who possess the following characteristic
- With significant experience in cultural activities or athletics and aim (and are able) to make a great contribution to the cultural or athletic verve of Canada;
- With experience in managing a farm and intend (and are able) to acquire and manage a farm in Canada.
Another way to migrate to Canada is through family sponsorship. A relative in Canada may be able to sponsor you to immigrate to Canada as long as he or she is 18 years old and is a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
The sponsor must also be able to do the following:
- Support you financially when you arrive;
- Meet his/her and your basic needs like food, shelter, and clothing; and
- Make sure you do not need social assistance.
A relative cannot become a sponsor if he/she:
- Has failed to pay an immigration loan, a performance bond, and/or family support payments;
- Has failed to provide for the basic needs of a previously-sponsored relative who received social assistance;
- Is under a removal order;
- Is in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory, or prison;
- Receives social assistance for a reason other than disability;
- Is still going through the process of bankruptcy;
- Was sponsored by a spouse or partner and became a permanent resident less than five years ago; and
- Has sponsored a previous spouse or partner and three years have not passed since this person became a permanent resident.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
This is when provinces and territories in Canada nominate immigrants who have the proficiency, education, and work experience that will contribute to the economy of that province or territory. The nominee must meet the specific criteria of each province or territory and must also be willing to live there.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
You can also apply for permanent residency in Canada through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot with any of the following programs:
- High-skilled workers,
- Intermediate-skilled workers, and
- International graduates.
Choose one that meets your education, work experience, and job offer, since each program has its own requirements. Once you get a job offer from any of the four Atlantic Provinces (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island), you may now do the following:
- Fulfill eligibility requirements,
- Obtain needs assessment and settlement plan,
- Get endorsed and certified by an Atlantic province, and
- Apply for permanent residence using any of the three programs previously mentioned.
Being a caregiver in Canada will give you the chance to apply for Canada immigration. You can use any of the following programs and eligibility:
- Caring for Children Program – if you have at least a two-year work experience in a full-time child care in a home in Canada;
- Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program – if you have been working in Canada for at least two years as a registered/licensed practical nurse, a nurse aid or orderly, and as a home support worker; and
- Live-in caregiver Program – if you have been working for at least two years as a live-in caregiver in Canada.
Refugee and Asylum Program
Finally, you may also apply for residency in Canada as a refugee, as a sponsor of a refugee, or by finding refugee services in Canada.
To learn more about Canada Immigration, do not hesitate to contact us.