When traveling to a different place, tourists look forward to the great vacation ahead. Excitement will tend to make you forget about your safety. It is an SOP that you are prepared for the evitable and the inevitable.
Here’s 3 smart ways to stay safe on your trip:
1. Be smart prepared.
- Hand carry contact and important details of your country’s embassy, hotel and friend’s if visiting.
- Bring photocopies of personal documents with you: airline tickets, passport, identification cards and credit cards.
- Avoid bringing your expensive jewelries or valuable belongings.
- Make and leave a copy of your itinerary and contact details to your family in case of emergency.
2. Be vigilant-smart and alert-smart.
- Beware of pickpockets and snatchers who will try to distract you.
- Put your shoulder strap bag in front of you at all times.
- Don’t travel at night by yourself and avoid dark alleys or streets- Don’t travel at night by yourself and avoid dark alleys or streets
- Make your mobile phones fully charged always.
3. Be street smart
- Memorize some local phrases of the country.
- In the event where you get lost, act as if you know exactly where you are going.
- If confronted or mugged, don’t fight back. Get help right away from the nearest police station.
- Never share a taxi with a complete stranger.
Travel safely. It’s important that you are familiar with the country’s present state before traveling. For more safety tips, visit http://travel.state.gov, http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au..