There is no better comfort in travelling than having light and mess-free luggage with everything you need on it. There is no magic to it, just some tricks in organizing your stuff and making sure that every space is well-utilized.
Here are some tips to maximize the space in your luggage and organize your stuff inside it:
- Put your shoes at the bottom of your luggage, close to the wheels.
- Put them inside a shower cap to keep the dirt from sticking to your other stuff.
- Utilize the space in your shoes by stuffing some socks or other small things that will not burst.
- Roll you clothes, instead of folding them to save more space in your suitcase.
- To avoid clothes from getting easily wrinkled, lay them flat inside a plastic bag such as a dry-cleaning bag.
- Wear bulky clothes like sweaters and jackets on the plane, instead of packing them in your bag that take up a lot space.
- Fold your bras in half and stack them on top of each other.
- Insert your folded underwear underneath the bottom bra to make use of the space and to maintain the shape of your bras.
Perfumes and other breakable items
- Protect bottled perfumes and other breakables by slipping them into socks.
Makeups, Creams, and Lotions
- If you have a shampoo or any liquid container with lid on top, open the container and set a small square plastic wrap on top and put the cover back. This will avoid spills in case the lid pops open.
- You can also wrap bottles, as well as powder make-ups in plastic films to avoid spills while travelling.
- When you are going on a short vacation, you can use a contact case to contain your liquid makeup and creams to avoid bringing bulky bottles and containers.
Jewelries, belts, and other accessories
- Prevent your jewelries from tangling by laying them between two sheets of plastic wrap or inserting them through drinking straws.
- A pill case can also can double as a container for your rings and earrings.
- Wear your belt if possible. If not, you can wrap it around the perimeter of your luggage to save on luggage space compared to simply rolling at packing it in your bag.
- Should you need to pack a pair of glasses, make use of the space in the case with your little items, such as earphones, chargers, makeup brushes, and more.
- Avoid packing bulky organizers and purses. Instead, use the little pockets and nooks in your luggage to save space. You can also use resealable sandwich bags, which are not bulky.
- When you pack your things, remember to put the heavier items at the bottom of the luggage along with your shoes. This will prevent your luggage from easily toppling. This will also make it easer for you to put and compress your luggage into the overhead bin.
With these nifty packing tips, you will be travelling with lighter load without leaving anything behind.
Are there tips you would like to add? We'd love to know.